PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF-JStar Japan performance comparison
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2010, 07:49
balance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotta agree with amp here.

It has been very evident for a long time now that Jetstar is a parasite on it's parent, despite the constant management spin to the contrary. Intimations that Jetstar is profitable whilst mainline is losing money is laughable at best, shonky and deceitful at worst.

That Kremin has taken the time to come up with these figures is a credit to him. It is way more than anyone else has done. That crikey.com has utilised his figures and filed complaint to the ASX is great - they demand accountability for the shareholders and employees. That this should have been required in the first place is abhorent - you should hang your head in shame QF management.

AH:

Oh I see, so Qantas management are replacing huge chunks of their overseas markets with Jetstar knowing that they will be making less money!! Then they are fiddling the figures to hide that fact whilst all the time planning to give even more of the profitable routes to an airline that will also bring in less money
Yes. Yes I believe they are. Sad isn't it?

Another AH gem:

I am afraid Jetstar is here to stay, they will continue to receive help from Qantas Group resources because they are part of the Group.
Quite true, unfortunately. All that is being asked though by Kremin, and quite reasonably so IMHO, is some honesty from management. Not spin. Not rubbery figures. Not lies. Just the truth. But also unfortunately, QF management couldnt lie straight in bed.

To address the AH and genex anti QF sentiment: sorry lads but you are defending the indefensible, and supporting this attitude will come back and bite us all in the @rse one day. It probably already has....