PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2010, 00:27
AlexanderB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No vapour off the wings but its still good to see what the RAAF has evolved from over the past century. Definately worth a look, good for meeting some interesting people.

I dropped in on my way down to Melbourne to have a look on sunday (Flying day). The sabre was easily my favorite, I had a chat to the bloke who flew it after the show, apparently he was the one who decided to bring his hornet along some time ago. I'm keeping in touch with him at the moment, he's got some really decent advice. Seems like a great guy.

I've never heard about this "3 year rule", I was always under the impression that the YOU results stand for 6 months and the Spec. Testing for one year but it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for DFR to change their rules.

If I'd heard about Dr. Steven Holdings course before my testing I might have had a look.

$2000 for a two day course seems a total rip-off, if I had that much I'd probably go for a flight in one of those Strikemasters, or just go gliding more often.

Does anyone one know what the big differences are between military and civilian flying.