PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - YSBK First solo flight ends in crash landing
Old 13th Apr 2010, 00:16
PA39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A37575

Yes it is a good thing I wasn't instructing in the RAAF in your time. All my instructional hours were done in the real world not sheltered workshops. The first moron that bashed me on the back of my helmet to advise that i was scrubbed would've ended up with two black eyes. There are times when you must be upfront and explain to the student that perhaps flying an aircraft is not for him/her and they are wasting their money. You can always tell the ex RAAF boffins who were used to flying state of the art machinery, all at tax payers expense, in contrast to struggle street in GA. Robots v People. It was not a matter of hanging the student up there to make an extra buck, at times I GAVE hours to them to overcome handling difficulties....at my expense, not taxpayers!! There was never a grey area with the RAAF, like all boffins it was black or white........no flexibility. The ex RAAF self confessed top gun FOI who insists you go to the minimums and not hold 50' above for "turbulence", and then pulls an engine so you dip below the minimum for a split second and fails you. However when you ask him to do the same excercise to see how he would go, but he knows whats going to happen, states " Oh I couldn't do it either" don't worry you'll get it next time. All ther time flying a fuel guzzling twin which costs you your weekly hard earned wage to hire. I have no time for some ex RAAF cowboys who place themselves on a pedestal, who would not and have not survived in the REAL world.