PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P2F Cancer of Aviation (merged)/ petitions.
Old 12th Apr 2010, 19:08
cortilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've read the petition and I've read most of the posts on here about said petition. I am against pay to fly but I cannot sign. It's badly worded (no I'm not bothered about spelling and/or grammar) and it confuses two completely separate issues. Pay to fly is indeed a blight on the industry but you can't tar all low houred pilots with the same brush.

The petition implies all low houred pilots are pay to fly (which obviously they're not) and all low houred pilots need constant babysitting. Yes being a line trainer is hard work with a newbie (and no im not one just a lowly fo) but that's why you're a line trainer.

Everyone on my original course were low houred and all of us (eventually) went as low houred pilots into main airlines. Most were sponsored. However surely your financial abilities have nothing to do with your flying skills.

Yes pay to fly is bad for our industry. But being low houred (or being a p2f'er
for that matter) does not mean you're a bad pilot.

I am against pay to fly but I will not shun someone who's done it.

I am against pay to fly but not low hours pilots flying.

Remove this petition and rewrite one focussing solely on p2f. Confusing the 2 issues will give all airline managers who use p2f a chance to say 'well safety's never been compromised just look at our record etc etc.'