PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2010, 16:49
Bizzle284

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sample tests

Thanks holdmetight for the sample questions.

To everyone going for stage 1A and 2. I was searching the web and stumbled accross a very old PPrunes forum from 2006 for people who were practicing for their interviews. I found links to some aptitude tests that are similar to the ones from cathay.

Here is the Grammar test which is very similar to cathay's, except for one of the tests imagine someone speaking the words and you are guessing which word they are saying.
http://elc.polyu.edu.hk/advdicts/web...t_expt2htm.htm

This next test is a reflex tester. It's not a cathay test, but in one of the games for cathay, shoot the bandit, you have to respond as quickly as you can. You have 1.5 sec to decide if you want to shoot down an enemy plane. This reflex test is a fun way to get ready for it. These games are just more fun to play than anything else.
The Reflex Tester
Reflex

This test is just plain silly, but sadly is, in its own way, similar to one of the cathay tests. There is an aptitude test where you have to keep a cross inside of a box using the rudder pedals and joystick. The computer, which is simulating changing wind direction, is constantly trying to push you outside of the box in different directions. Your job is to keep correcting it. This game is funny, but is the same principle. Enjoy it. The Pissing Game, The Pissing, Pissing game on net, Online The Pissing Game Coolbuddy.com

This is the link to the forum I got these games from if you want to take a look.
Sample Aptitude Test for CX cadet & 'Cadet' (Merged).

Remember don't take everything to seriously. Designed to be funny, but it relates.