PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HK Express
Thread: HK Express
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2010, 16:28
EPASZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fraction of the truth.

rom you guys that are there or have been there, what is so bad about HKE. Surey living in HK and flying out of HKIA must be pretty good gig.
Yeah you wont be having so much fun when u dont even have much money to rent a place or go out. U could live in the best city in the world, but if u dont have money to do things...then u're no better than living in the worst place of the world.

Let me tell u what Chinese management is like (not HKA here but still)....today i just find out 6 of our 20 days of annual leave was deducted without any discussion because HR decided since we didn't fly for 6 days during the Chinese new years (company was not operational during that time), we should consider that was part of our annual leave plus they simply think we have too many holiday..cause they only get 12.

Plus my workmate just got his salary deducted 2 months in a row, (no one total him anything about it)...a total of 23,000 HKD for violation of company rules. Great news for this single dad who has just got divorced partly due to the company crappy week scheduling (work like tues, thurs, sat, standby on days off, and compulsory [plenalise if not attend] company meeting on Mon. So he cant manage to go home to Macau (1 hr ferry from base) and see his wife and kid. He was also literally told by the company...in his face that "your time management is not our problem," when he was trying to see if he could work 3-4 days in a row since the scheduling is done manually (so he could go home for approximately 48 hrs per week) because he was having problems in his marriage for not spending enough time at home. (We only come to this company because it is closer to our home alright? Trying to stay human here is the hardest thing...because im thinking we are turning into dogs...that doesn't bark, even when getting whip on the head.)

This is only 1 fraction of what being a pilot is like under Chinese management.

Last edited by EPASZ; 12th Apr 2010 at 17:00.