PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2010, 15:09
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the admission that there's a wider agenda.
Howabout,
A wider agenda? It's called the Airspace Act 2007 and Airspace Regulation, carefully hidden in full sight, with a core intent of having ICAO compliant airspace management, with the US NAS for the model.

As to appropriate "processes" to justify any particular airspace design, again refer to ICAO compliant methods of justification, I don't really think there has been any lack of "process" in the OAR, just because the answer doesn't come out as a few of you believe it should, does not mean the processes are deficient or absent.

If it is all such a disaster in waiting, why not all band together in a spirit of public protection, pool your resources (crudely called "put your money where your mouth is") and seek a Federal Court injunction restraining the OAR/CASA/Department from acting in an unsafe manner, just think of all the "safety" headlines the media would generate ---- or go on strike and refuse to operate the system, if you so passionately believe it is "not safe".

Chimbu, are you the one who said you have never flown "around the world" except in A,C or C ??? And you have been flying from where? to Jedda. Please look very carefully Indian airspace divisions, unless they have changed radically since my last set of charts, which are admittedly about 12 months out of date.

As to those of you who now want to attack my qualifications to comment: wonderful, play the man and not the ball. Do I have an ATPL, yes. Is it current, No, due medical, but hopefully it will be again quite soon.

Being up to date in a cyclic training or other CAR 217 training system has nothing to do with up to date knowledge of CNS/ATM systems.

Any more than being a Regional Captain implies any special knowledge of CNS/ATM systems, beyond operating within the system, anymore than being such implies a detailed knowledge of aircraft structural design/certification, beyond that needed to fly the aircraft in question ---- or, for that matter, that being a licensed ATC implies an in depth knowledge of CNS/ATM design.

But do carry on, and soon we will all know the final outcome in Broome and Karratha. Obviously I, for one, hope the OAR stick to their guns, and the intent of their enabling Act --- and not once again give in to possibly well intentioned but ill-informed sectional pressure groups.

Tootle pip!!