PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2010, 11:52
BurningDesire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I had Specific Pilot Aptitude Test today in Newcastle. Started off with the Instrument Reading and then onto Aircraft Orientation. Both not very difficult. Then moved on to the raw maths and aviation maths which got pretty difficult. At this point I was pretty sure I was crash-and-burning. Then afterwards we did the hand eye coordination tests although I don't know if they count towards your results or not? Little tip for them, be easy on the joysticks, just hold them with your fingers and use slight movements (like when correcting the attitude of an airplane).

Anyways long story short after the hand eye coord. tests we waited for AGES watch the third military movie for the day when some guy at reception calls out my name. Gives me the piece of paper to say what I'm elligible for. So I ask "How did I do" to which he replied I did really really well, pass for all pilot positions within the ADF. Yes!

On a side note he said usually the test results are usually valid for one year, but because I got a good result mine are valid for 3 years. Anybody heard about this?