PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2010, 08:01
Teevee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not part of the industry, but as this discussion seems to be considering attitudes and actions of senior managers I'd just like to make an observation if I could, based on experience of similar happenings in other industries.

Of course its an injustice, an absolutely terrible injustice, but senior managers don't seem to want, for want of a better term 'heroes' - leaders who can perform under terrific pressure and cope with the most dire of circumstances in a way that perhaps many couldn't. They don't want people who the general public look up to and recognise are deserving of the utmost respect, because, I suspect they show where the TRUE worth and professionalism lies. Their presence could become an embarrassment and result in a lack of public support for management at the next round of pay cuts etc, or worse still, when it is revealed how much the CEO and his mates earn compared to the real 'heroes'. So after the initial lauding, they are quietly pushed to one side to avoid further embarrassment.

Sorry for butting in, but my thanks to all those to whom I entrust my life every time I step on an aircraft.