PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Equal Opportunities & Diversity
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2010, 07:38
kirstybird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Therein lies the problem

"The reason that all in the industry know about your situation is that you declared it previously on an industry wide email! "

I can't deny this point. Early in 2006 I did e-mail "my colleagues", if nothing else to put an end to the speculation which was doing the rounds. Stupidly, I took the view then, that honesty would be the best approach. It was a believe that was sadly misplaced.

If you try being open you are condemmed, if you try hiding things you are condemmed and therein lies the problem.

It might be a dead-end carrer, as someone put it, but I was good at it and I earnt enough to keep me happy. I have moved in other directions career-wise but surely anyone who has worked in the industry can understand the allure. I loved the industry and loved being a part of it.

There has been some well thought out comments on here but also plenty that merely confirm my original beliefs. The message coming through loud and clear is that the bigots rule the day and will no doubt continue to do so for the foreseeable future. I am flogging a dead horse here.

Kirsty