PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATR Contract for Vietnam Airlines!
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2010, 05:07
PROBEUSMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angelgabriel;
Not sure if you read the previous posts, but you might want to before responding.
I too am from the states. Vietnam Airlines is a great gig. The job is great, you get treated far better than I was ever treated at United, both by the company and my coworkers. I think Mike will say the same, but you"ll have to ask him. Neither of us has the option of going back to work in the states anytime soon, and in my case, I will probably never go back.

Some of us, including myself and Mr. Higgins, failed to do proper due diligence on which contract agency to use when coming to work for VAC. We are now dealing with that mistake. It does not involve "rocking the boat" with VAC in any way. It will be handled in private, in a NZ court, where Rishworth will lose. VAC is not involved in any way, and could care less to tell you the truth. There is probably only one person so far who has "rocked the boat" and that is me. I resigned from VAC because I didn't want to work for Rishworth anymore. I gave VAC the contractually required notice, and told them I would like to come back some day. One of the two "Rishworth reps" quit her position with Rishworth over this as well.

Mr Higgins and myself are on this thread to answer questions and give our opinions on VAC. VAC is a great job. The ATR guys have been flying minimum hours for a long time from what I understand. I have yet to hear form one ATR pilot here that didn't think his job was great.

Go with DPI or Parc and avoid Rishworth is my opinion, and that opinion is based on the last 20 months dealing with Rishworth.