PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2010, 22:22
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using LTN Parkway's Car Park...

Have looked at parking prices at LTN for three days and was shocked at the prices they were charging - about £17 a day...

I usually get the train from Wellingborough down to the airport, but I am on an early morning flight and East Mids Trains don't really run any early morning trains that give me enough time-padding, incase the train gets delayed, so left with little option but to drive.

Friend of mine has suggested using LTN Parkway's rail station car parking and he said its only £4 a day...

Has anyone else used this, and is there any restriction that would prevent me using this? Just curious incase there are checks in place the railway station staff can find out if you have not used the trains or if the car is parked there for too long, additional fees may kick in to prevent people like me using the car park.

If this is not feasible, anyone able to suggest private off-site car parking companies?

I have used Air Parks in the past and they seem miles away from the airport and Slit End and not had a good experience in the past. With the simple lack of buses they have running the shuttle to the airport. A few years back we landed and was about 70 people waiting for the air park bus and they had a single 20 seater bus running the route and took us an hour and half to pick up our car.

Thanks for your help.

Giles