PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 11th Apr 2010, 22:03
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All quotes-Miss M

Crew who decided to cross the picket line surely had their reasons: not believing in a strike
Absolutely! It's the wrong fight, some of us made informed decisions based on the facts presented to us, and accepted that BA's original offer was fair and more than generous.

not having the guts to go through with it
It takes more courage to come to work and endure the wrath and cowardice of the BASSA bullies that some of us have to now.

not wanting to lose a good trip (amazing that NRT, SYD and HKG had no problems getting crew...),
Incorrect.
We all lost money, be it lucrative 3 day trips or NRT/SYD/HKG on Worldwide.

not wanting to lose staff travel
Fair point but not the sole reason for all for coming to work during a strike.

or possibly hoping for a promotion (it 's not very good if your file has the word STRIKE marked all over it)
Promotion wouldn't be on everyone's agenda as there was a mix of all grades who came to work.

or thinking that other crew are striking so no need to do it myself because I will still be on same terms and conditions.
Again, Willie Walsh has publicly stated (during the same forum that I quoted previously) that there would be one offer for all of us whether you striked or came to work. So whilst the thought may have been on some crew's minds, it's not going to happen, and no one could have been certain that would be the case. But I definitely don't think it was a case of 'other crew are striking so no need to do it myself' as you say.

I'm BA cabin crew and the above are my own views.

Last edited by Tiramisu; 11th Apr 2010 at 23:30.