PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2010, 19:01
mm43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris Scott;

The graphic in post #685 has utilized BEA data which they plotted on Google Earth with the Lat/Long grid selected in degrees & decimals thereof. My normal inclination is to use the Deg Min format, extending to decimals of a minute if required. If HN39 posted something and subsequently removed it, I was not aware of it.

The lime green bordered rectangular shape centered on the 30.7W meridian has been obtained by superimposing detail contained in the BEA departure video. It was identified in the video as an area that had not previously been looked at. The 3 Remus AUV's are currently working it over, and I assume they will visit the part to the south of the blue rectangle eventually.

The cyan (light blue) bordered area to the west of the lime green one has also not previously been searched, and my understanding is that its area contained within the main red/blue rectangle will be searched. Areas to the west and south would seem to be obvious next choices if nothing has been found.

I suspect your reference to south and east, was meant to be south and west?

---------------------
Weather conditions are still relatively good - 1.5m sea/swell from 060T with a period of 7 ~ 8 seconds and the wind is 060T 5/10kts. Forecast for next 48 hours is for the swell to rise to 2.5m from 170T with the period increasing to 12 seconds, but the wind should become light and variable.

mm43