PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cobham/Chelton HeliSAS
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2010, 12:18
EN48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been talking to them for the last 6 months about getting the whole system put in my Eurocopter EC130, but i can't get them to give a price or tell me how long it would take. It looks like a great system and I love the Chelton in my Enstrom. I was hoping to put it in the EC 130 and add the autopilot. I think now, i am going to do the new Garmin G500H and give up on the Heli-SaS...now I have to wait on the darn stc for the Garmin.
Chelton is said to be working on several Eurocopter STC's for HeliSAS. However, judging by the time its taking to get the B407 STC, best not to hold your breath. I think you will like HeliSAS as long as expectations are reasonable. I was also going to go with the Chelton Flight Logic FMS in my 407 as a result of the very positive experience I have had with it in my 480B, but the G500H came along about the time I was configuring the 407, was a much newer design, and was about half the price. Its true the the Chelton system is a full featured, IFR approved FMS (which the G500H is not) but this didnt offset the price difference and the superior synthetic vision of the G500H, especially in a day VFR helicopter. The Garmin STC wait shouldnt be too long. It is my understanding that they are doing a "group" STC for many helicopters and that this is expected by the end of April.