PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Government Tu154M crash
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2010, 11:48
jackharr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wessel words: "Being military pilots they would be used to "taking orders", without question, if they valued their careers. That what they are trained to do."

Obviously you're not ex-military yourself. NEVER in 18 years in the Air Force as a result of pressure from above, was I made to fly in conditions I did not consider suitable. As far as I can recall the regulations stated that a pilot could only be ordered into the air under conditions of war (someone bring me up to date on exact regulations). I was once pressurised by an Air Commodore (passenger) to fly when the destination some 40 minutes away, was way below limits. (Tern Hill to Little Rissington). I stuck to my guns and refused to take off until I saw a reasonable chance that the destination would be within limits when we got there. The Old Man was annoyed with me but I had not given in to his pressure. I heard no more about it. But some forty years later, I am still around to be able to talk about it. Had I given in to that pressure, I might not have been.

Jack