PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 11th Apr 2010, 10:20
demomonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windows69, check your facts;
  • It has never been formally tabled that you should accept £11,000 + £2.45p/h. Even if you worked 900p/a that would give you a gross of £13,205. This has never been tabled as an offer. It is BASSA spin.
  • Pilots and Ground Staff, Engineers and Office staff could equally accuse BASSA of undermining their job security by calling for a 12 day strike over Christmas in a time their employer was making unprecedented losses. No one (inc BASSA rank and file) wants to lose their job over BASSA's leadership mis-direction.
  • Pay was deducted from employees who went on strike. Legally this is legitimate. Everyone has been warning BASSA members that this was always the case (even BALPA warned it's members in the 2008 dispute). BASSA did not clearly state the facts to its membership before the strike took place.
  • Lies, lies and damn lies. Everyone else is lying except BASSA. So if BA is a PLC and it releases incorrect information it can be sued by any shareholder. As BASSA is free to purchase BA shares and it has stated on numerous occasions that BA has lied, it could have purchased one share and sued BA for damages just to prove a point. I am unaware of any actions active or pending against BA by any shareholders. Looks like they're all very happy with the information BA are supplying.
  • Is 'no upgrades' the worst that you can now do having played all your trump cards? But remember it works both ways. The 'I'm tired, I'm cold, I hate England' crowd rely on their colleagues in EF and there is ALOT of disillusionment against BASSA's strategy in that group. Be careful what you wish for!
Stop spouting the same old rehetoric and bitter resentment, go and do some independent research for yourself. History is going to turn a new page and BASSA are going to become a footnote.

I see that you're a new member here, so welcome. But you're also making alot of posts in a very short time. Are you today's nominated BASSA sock puppet sent over from BASSA HQ to convert the masses? Well good luck, many others have tried and failed because PPrune is open to all and any statement here has to stand up on it's own and not be supported with 'BASSA terror'.

"What do we want? WW to go, CSDs to do no work, Gatwick to work for nothing oh and if we could have some healthy eating options at Bedfont it would be absolutely super! When do we want it? If you could have it done by the time we're finished our 11hrs of bunk rest on this 12hr flight it would be super super"
My humblest of apologies to real crew. I hope you know it is the attitooode of the few I am mocking, not the commitment of the silent majority.