PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2010, 08:54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I was an employer, I would never hire staff that had to commute that distance

The issue of where crew live is quite complicated. Many of the crew who arrive from long distances do arrive the day before. Some crew drive long distances to work. Personally I find driving in the UK quite stressful. Maybe someone arriving at work by air will be more rested. Not all crew can afford housing near Heathrow or wish to live near Heathrow. Some cabin crew work part time and stay near LHR for work and then return home for extended days off. With pilots on very long flights some go straight in the bunk after take-off as they are used later in the flight as relief crew.
The important thing is that they adopt a professionel attitude to work and arrive at work fit,well and rested for the ensuing duty.
We all have a different bodyclock. I know of some pilots who will never do longhaul as they cannot sleep on aeroplanes. Others will sleep for ever in the bunks.
Lifestyle is a personal choice. Different to yours maybe. But don't be so judgemental.