PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to avoid school tricks
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2010, 04:48
OzzyBob84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do something about it

G'day Guys,

I have just been reading your posts on the difficulty you all have been having trying to decipher, between what's true and what's false with your flying schools. I for one have had first hand experience taking on a flying school that had deceived over 100 students. Many of us have lost over $5,000, which is a small fortune to most young people. To much to forget, and to little to take to court.

I would like to offer my advice in this instance. Don't fall into the trap of them telling you, "aviation is a small industry and we can make it very difficult for you." This was the phrase that Australian Wings Academy (AWA) continually told to all students to stop them from complaining. I personally have made more friends within the industry by taking on and assisting others against a corrupt organisation such as AWA. Trust me, if you do nothing, you will regret it for life. A group of current and ex-student (20+) have gotten together and reported AWA to every government department we could think of. We have also posted up on this forum [B][U]Flight Training Options No.2 the issues that we experienced with the school. We have had so many hits in the last month that when you type Australian Wings Academy on Google, Pprune "Flight Training Options" is the second link after the academy's website. We have been coordinated precisely to strike as a group.

There is no harm in telling the truth. As a group we want to rid the industry from corrupt/criminal organisations and I suggest you do the same. Evil prevails when good men/women stand by and do nothing. So….. lets not complain about the issues, do something about.

Good Luck
OzzyBob