PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 10th Apr 2010, 23:35
Matt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by windows69
ww has lied to his customers about how much the cabin crew earn. Also i do wonder why so many flight crew want to discuss and worry so much about a situation that has no impact on them what so ever. If you yourselves decide to take industrial action over open skies, would one of you care to comment on whether you would be happy with Walsh replacing all of you with volunteers. Just a very basic question requring a very basic answer
Hey windows. I understand where you are coming from when you feel that there are a lot of people outside of what is happening who feel the need to butt in, I guess I am one of them as I left BA IFS for another Airline and job over a year ago. My interest stems from wishing to have a BA to come back to one day if I so desire and also that 70% of my closest friends still work at BA.

I don't wish to speak for flight crew at another airline but I imagine that they have an interest because the situation does have an impact on them. If they are stood down during IA that has a direct financial impact on them, also they no doubt fear for the financial security of their employer, as this is vital to their continued employment.

Also, and with all due respect for a job that I loved doing and remember the challenges involved with, replacing Flight Crew with volunteers is not the viable option it is with Cabin Crew so maybe a moot point really.