PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet. Having a laugh.
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2010, 23:23
Global Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Zippy Monster
Once completed, they are employed as a contractor through CTC and PAID for their work. Yes, the pay is sh*te and the conditions are crap, but they are being paid
Originally Posted by Global Warrior
If the candidates that are there now are from the pool of "pilots" that are actually P2F "cadets" who have been languishing on the dole for the past 8 months......... thats still P2F products you are flying with........ even though they have been offered a package that would make a burger chef at Mac Donalds walk out.
Ummmmmmm helps if you read the thread before posting i guess

Originally posted by Zippy Monster
Nobody likes to see anyone paying to be in the right-hand seat, I deplore it as much as the next person
Wait for it........ soon we are going to hear that now there are CTC Captains and ........ WORSE heaven forbid TRAINING CAPTAINS.....

Originally posted by NSF
robbing an easyJet Captain of a Training Captain's job
its time to go on strike

I have already declared my hand......... I want to help make this a better profession. I actively want to help undo all the shyte that through their neglect of the profession the selfish, egotistical, spineless, apathetic, eunuchs have allowed their employers to get away with.

Its the profession that Easyjet Training Captains and Easyjet Pilots (But All professional Pilots, not just those mentioned) represent that i am interested in. Not them as an individual unit. I have no beef with them personally but once they start spouting off like adolescents that its now affecting me so lets all rally behind me and save me........... you know there is a massive problem with those in the industry, that are allegedly BALPA members but somehow think BALPA is there to represent them as individuals. Theres no me in BALPA!!!

And for clarity's sake.... P2F.... P4T......semi SSTR.........BBC.....ITV.......whatever...... I use P2F because its easy (no pun intended). One of your employees actively makes money selling it and the professional Pilots community identify with it. There are Easy TC's who want to call it something else, who want a strict definition so it doesnt tar them. FINE call it what you want but to me..... GEAR DOWN, WHEELS DOWN, DANGLE THE DUNLOPS....... results in the same thing. P2F, P4T, semi-SSTR results in TWO things.......... INCREASE RISK TO THE TRAVELLING PUBLIC AND AN EROSION OF YOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS and you have actively promoted the former and been totally apathetic to the latter...... an now its affecting individuals, (the me me's) they want BALPAS help.

This thread is titled easyjet. Having a Laugh and was originally started due to contract Captains, which in essence is about your T's&C's. If you want to bring this into the public forums rather than keeping it on your own, you have to be prepared for an opinion which is different to yours. The sooner you take your orange tinted glasses off you will see that there is a whole world out there....... and just maybe, its there on your side, but it wants a solution which is much bigger than just a solution for you.

Originally posted by Global Warrior
the only way to make this profession great again is to fix it from the bottom........... and like a pyramid, unless those at the top support those at the bottom, the bottom crumbles away and before you know it, the top is now the new bottom. As long as we have 5000 hour pilots sitting on the dole and 250 hour pilots sitting in the flight deck, things need changing.
Sleep well :-)

GW