PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know
Old 10th Apr 2010, 21:23
balticflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the link SkyDive.

so basically how hard should one work to hide the fact that he/she is living with their partner? I mean is the stress involved something ridiculous, such as not leaving the house at the same time and keeping the curtains closed 24/7? or is it more obvious such as her not paying for, say, the telephone bills of the house where I'm living?

For example, we currently live in Latvia. I pay rent, she pays bills. we both work and are registered here under the same address. is that risky in Abu Dhabi? should she go through the hassle of registering herself in a different apartment?

Its actually hard to imagine how true certain things are... I doubt there'd be that many westerners working in the UAE if the rules were REALLY that strict!

And one more question... daft though it may seem... to what extent does my girl have to "cover up" in Abu Dhabi? would she have to wear a veil? Sorry for the questions folks but I really have NO idea!!!