PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'No blame' Over RAF Tornado Crash
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2010, 15:54
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Two's in:
Alarm bells that may have rung only a few years ago were silenced by repeated exposure to institutionalised shortcomings in training and currency and as a result the Authorisation, the last safecheck in the system, was effectively negated.
Silenced TI? I think that is a rather easy out for every one who is now wise after the event! This is not about some esoteric "not me Chief, I'm airframes" feature of aircraft operation. It's the one thing that we are all aware of from the time we seek to drive aeroplanes- hours! They dominate our life, get logged to the minute in our log books and describe our experience. Of course ignorance of the extent of this parsimony is some excuse, and one which I would claim, but those who keep their ears to the ground, let alone those who suffered it, were surely aware. Nothing said though, or was it? If this were solely about FJ flying then I would leave it to those far more informed than I (right! I heard that!), but this is very very basic business indeed. We are all agreed that currency is all important, so why no outcry before the event? ESF was pursued for decades by those who cared. Did anyone care about this?