PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paramount Airways
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2010, 13:49
kilwhang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jimmygill

If you have read my previous posts, you will know that I have a great affection for India and its people and I wish them great success in the future....................

But, let's get back to the subject of this thread - Paramount. I am privy to a lot of info about this airline and there are some indisputable facts:

The E-jet is a great little aircraft and is making money for a lot of airlines around the world..........including many loco's.
Paramount is in heavy debt. They owe money to fuel suppliers, caterers, airfields, and leasing companies.
Their maintenance compliance is 'suspect'.
Ditto their Flt Operations ( I personally know a very experienced F/O who resigned because of unhappiness with the flying standards)
They owe money for their Sim Recurrent Training. Their original facility has blocked them and the facility they use now requires them to pay cash first.
The DGCA (not the most 'hands on' Authority in the world) have decided to audit them fully.

So, where did it go wrong? Where has the money gone?

Perhaps you can tell me.........but I still think a lot of it has to do with India's place in the Corruption Index.