PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines. Rishworth or Parc Aviation?
Old 10th Apr 2010, 10:28
Mike Higgins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgrade or fleet change at Vietnam

Both are available. They need captains quite badly, so are taking the most experienced F/Os and upgrading them. Another option is to transition to the 330. They make you pay for your training. I guess this is becoming pretty common now.
Expect to wait a year or so before you get nominated for upgrade or the 330. They are pretty conservative, so want you to really understand how they do business first.
On a side issue, I put dual packages in with PARC and Rishworth. DPI wasn't here yet. PARC takes a little longer reviewing your application. Don't be a idiot like I was and accept Rishworth while waiting for PARC. Rishworth is the worst! Completely unethical. You won't get a reduced schedule like 5/3 or 4/4. They'll fight you the whole way, because it means less $$ for them!

We're now forced to take Rishworth to court for an illegal retroactive pay cut implemented in February for work performed last August through January. Nice bunch of snakes, eh?
PARC and DPI seem like great companies. This is MUCH more important than pay or benefits in the long run! You don't want to have to fight the company representing you! I'll never apply for another Rishworth contract.