PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATR Contract for Vietnam Airlines!
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2010, 10:16
Mike Higgins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avoid Rishworth

PARC and DPI seem like good companies! Rishworth is completely unethical. I suspect some of the pro-Rishworth letters are company hacks in drag. I came from the states and didn't know any of the companies. Picked Rishworth because they were NZ based and closest. Not a great reason, I know, but the only thing I had to go on. What a mistake.

They have a long history here of contract problems. They say they submit your schedule requests, but actually don't, because your request lowers your pay, and consequently, their fee. Took three attempts before my request was even submitted to Vietnam Airlines.

The Rishworth pilots group is taking them to court right now over an illegal retroactive pay cut. You've probably seen my other posts. In February they unilaterally implemented a pay cut for work performed last August through January. Nice, eh? Completely illegal, but they're counting on people being too lazy or scared to hold them to their contract. What a mess!

PARC did NOT pass along a pay cut. DPI pays a little less (I think) and didn't have to cut their salary.

Vietnam is a great place to work, but make sure you're not working Rishworth! Cheers