PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2010, 08:36
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Folks,
See above, AIM Section 2, Controlled Airspace, Fig. 3-2-1, and explain to an obviously misinformed poor bloody RPT Captain how I transition from Class B (or maybe Class C, to upper airspace A, without transiting E???

Owen, if you have calmed down, maybe you can have a go.

Some of you who seem to think Karratha and Broome are some "thin edge of the wedge", congratulations, of course it is, another go at implementation of Government policy, as reflected in the White Paper, the Airspace Act 2007, the Airspace Regulations.

Whether you like it or not, that is Government policy, this Government have seen fit to continue with the policy of the previous Government, because it makes sense, because it is risk based, rather than "the traditional Australian controlled and uncontrolled".

Despite heavy lobbying, this Government has not seen fit to remove the radar requirement from C airspace, either, accepting the proposition that C should primarily be terminal airspace, not en-route airspace. That is, en-route airspace should be primarily A or E.

Owen, et al, you can jump up and down to your heart's content, but that's the what it is.

Will all this last minute furor change the outcomes at Karratha or Broome ---- I don't know, and won't know until the final decisions are made --- and I await the final outcome with great interest.

Will CASA OAR stick to the legislation or succumb to sectional pressure ----- Watch this space.

Tootle pip!!