PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paramount Airways
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2010, 04:33
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw a Paramount 170 all dusty and covered up sitting in a corner in GOI. In fact there was an armed guard posted right under the wing of the aircraft. Not sure if he as ducking the sun or is there on court orders. There was a notice taped to the cargo hold door with some scribbles on it but did not get close enough to see what it was. Staff were still manning empty counters probably in the hope of the court order being lifted.

My guess is that it will probably go the MDLR way. Flew them once and did not see any feasibility in the model. RIP, and fee sorry for the 400 people plus who might lose their jobs.

As far as arguments on economy size etc, it probably has nothing to do with any of this. I buy the manipulation argument for an IPO, sounds prudent enough.

An observation

India's GDP is the 4th largest as pointed by Jimmy (i might I add all made in the last 15 years which has resulted in mind boggling wealth in the hands of some kids who do stupid things).

India Per capita is 123 on the list

naturally a population problem, so both DAGAR and British Guy seem to be arguing about the same thing.

We still have a very long way to go, but thankfully it is moving in the correct direction.