PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Research Project - Flight Instructor Salary.
Old 10th Apr 2010, 02:24
Nine_Inch__Wings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Research Project - Flight Instructor Salary.

Gidday,

I'm a recent member, but long time reader, of the PPRuNe forums.

I am currently studying a Bachelor of Aviation in Brisbane, and am also training as a cadet pilot, building hours and working towards my CPL, then on to my MECIR, MCC, and fATPL.

I am compiling a research project based upon the salary/wage of flight instructors. I am amassing information from various sources, and had (what I believe to be) the great idea of asking all of the professionals on here what they think.

I intend for any information in the project to be from anonymous sources.

I'd like to thank anyone in advance for their contribution and time - this is a great help to me.

Let's cut to the chase - these are some of my initial questions, and pretty much the basis for what research will be done for this project:

1. Are instructors given a salary/wage that is commensurate to their length of training/financial commitment/experience?

2. Compared to other careers paths, is the salary/wage for a position as an instructor attractive?

3. Is the career path of flight instructing widely seen as a stepping stone to get entry into a career in the airlines?

4. Due to the inherent forces acting upon more experienced pilots to gravitate towards airline employment, is there a lack of experience in GA or flight instruction?

5. Do you think that many perceive a career in flight instruction as demeaning, or of lower prestige, than a career in an airline?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: And if people could post what country they are in for some added information processing that would be fantastic.

Also, if the replies could possibly include what area of aviation you work in, and occupation..