PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet. Having a laugh.
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2010, 02:03
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Global Warrior - you are simply talking utter rubbish. You have no idea what is going on or not at easyJet as you do not work there. You have failed to grasp significant details of the contract system there and have completely misrepresented what little you do understand. No one is saying they like the current FO deal - it is, however, NOT pay-to-fly and you seem unable to grasp that. There are NOT countless demoralised captains at easyJet flying with p2f candidates. That seems to be impossible for you to take on board, but that is the way it is.

I have been completely honest in my posts over the years about what is good and what is bad at easyJet. There are significant aspects of our current contracts and work practices that I totally disagree with. The 2 specific items that I would take issue with are contract captains and the current deal for new First Officers. Both these issues are worth striking over, and if invited to vote on the issue, I would vote for industrial action. However, the characterisation of the current situation at easyJet by you and others is increasingly ludicrous and does not help our cause one bit. It comes across as an irrational rant, which is exactly what it is. The idea that easyJet aircraft are waiting to fall out the sky due to the presence of hacked-off captains and p2f FOs is just so much hogwash. I am not even sure that Global Warrior is a pilot - he may just be interested SLF, judging by his limited knowledge of what is going on. He is, of course, entitled to his own view, but it would help if these opinions had some basis in fact.