PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OATS recievership
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2001, 03:59
Tosh McCaber

Tengah Chum-

You note that your occupation is a farmer. Where on the farm did you obtain this inside information? Whilst this forum is a RUMOUR network, it is important that it is based on facts, and not abused by untruthful statements with malicious intent, which have no basis on fact. I have no doubt that previous such comments have helped in the downfall of the two Schools in Bournemouth.

Mike McLoughlan of OATS has categorically stated that your posting is rubbish. Please remember, apart from the fact that your statement could destabilise a very well respected establishment, that you could be sued for spreading misinformation, if it is unsubstantiated.

Please substantiate or retract- we look forward to hearing from you again. Over to you.

By the way, I neither study nor am on the staff at OATS- I would like to think, however, that "rumours" are put out from substantiated scources. What's to stop someone with a grudge thinking- "Hey-good idea- lets have a go at Oxford-Cabair-BAe, that would pay them back!" This, as I see it, is a big drawback with an anonymous Rumour Network such as this- how do you stop the Crazies?

[ 09 November 2001: Message edited by: Tosh McCaber ]