PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Partition Specific thread.
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2010, 17:33
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Weeks later and the new W7 is still on the shelf in front of me. Both my PCs are on borrowed time with the Beta RC.

It caught me once on the two hour shut down penalty. I'd put a Sticky Notes on the screen with the crash time on it, but can't get the darn thing to stay on top. So, time to get on with the install.

Sadly I've binned my Lynux discs, cos W7 was to be the OS. Always, throw something out and you need it.

The Beta is still operational. Is there a way to create a boot disc from the installed OS . . . or even from the new copy?

Having done that, and while running from the DVD drive, it might free up the files in C drive that can't be deleted cos they're in use when operating from the H-D. The idea being that the OS might still run without them and I'd be free to move the partition.

But, would the OS just re-instate these files, or even refuse to run without them.

C drive is currently 285 gig...I'd like to aim for 100 gig.

I have been reading the stuff found on forums, but the hundreds of hits are so varied and nothing I've found simply states how to do it.

One guy proudly announced who he was and that we were going to make a boot disc, then he directed the viewer to MS site on how to do it. They started with make a floppy...and got dafter from there on.