PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SLF Can you give me your opinion Please
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2010, 15:28
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Global Warrior you have raised an excellent question to the SLF here and I have just read the most recent response by Capot which I wholeheartedly agree with....both when flying as CC and as SLF.

Funny thing is when I expressed much the same opinion as CC on a Pilot thread I got flamed by one of your colleagues for daring to have it. I even got accused of poor CRM for expressing an opinion on what you as a Pilot are now asking on an anonymous forum.

It would seem that within aviation we do not want to admit there could be a problem with inexperience and it is growing all the time.

When you have canvassed SLF opinion what are you going to do with these results?

IMHO inexperienced Pilots are here to stay if the Loco's are left to their own devices. An inexperienced FO is the next inexperienced Captain and so it goes on.....

I fly with low hours Pilots on many occasions. All our professional (some appear nervous at first) but all can fly a plane under normal circumstances. It's the abnormal that bothers me...in particular what happens if the Captain is incapacitated. At my lot these guys are generally put with Captains of experience due to their lack. I have never seen them put to the test and hope I never will.

On the BA 777 incident at LHR the FO was the Pilot flying. Under the Captains guidance the two of them saved countless lives in a few seconds of experienced airmanship. I wonder if we would have had the same positive outcome had a low hours cadet been at the controls??