PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jazzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2010, 13:53
lfc123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:"Sports Law", as I suspect the University defines it, has none of these attributes, and to claim that a degree is "Sports Law" is as valid a degree in "Law" (which is what you are implying) is absurd, to say nothing of being an insult to those has have actually worked their little behinds off for 4 years to get a Degree in Law.
This shows nothing more than utter ignorance of what you are talking about. Did you bother looking at how the university defines it, or is this based solely on what you "suspect"?

If you'd bothered to look into it (as I just did - it took about 60 seconds) you'd realise that it is a qualifying law degree which meets all of the requirements of the professional associations. This means that students have to study contract law, property law etc etc THE SAME AS ANY OTHER LAW STUDENT. The only difference is that when students choose optional modules (as they do on almost any law degree in the UK) they study sports law.

It is a perfectly valid degree in law - the Law Society and the Bar Council say so.

: There is no such thing as "Sports Law". There is law applied to sporting activities, but it is the same law as applies everywhere else. There are presumably cases concerning sporting activities which are used as precedents, and I suspect that studying Sports Law involves little more than boning up on those.
Again this is completely incorrect. But again it's based only on what you 'suspect' and 'presume'. You don't seem to actually know anything about the subject on which you have such strong opinions.