PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Vic Aero Club introducing mandatory 90 day checks
Old 9th Apr 2010, 06:01
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
I'm asking RVAC what constitutes a check flight since I'm back trying to learn a bit of aerobatics.

As a matter of fact, as a lowly PPL, I did what I would personally call a check flight last month - I hadn't flown for about Six months (building a boat) so I took an instructor with me when I went up again to see if it really is just like "riding a bike". The answer is that you do get rusty, and there is always something new to learn. When I do my annual "big trip" I fly the aircraft before I go with an instructor because it's usually not a type I fly from week to week anyway.

I try and get airborne once a week, if there is an instructor around why not take him/her along?

Furthermore, I know of at least Two aircraft that were taken off line after a succession of expensive handling incidents, and if this procedure reduces incidents and increases the range of aircraft available to me, then I'm all for it.