PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2010, 04:48
BurningDesire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

madkeen - you probably are already aware of this but for Air Force pilot they prefer you to be under 27.5 - that being said they WILL take older applicants if they demonstrate significant potential for pilot training. In other words I would say do all you can to get your foot in the door, if you can make it to the FSP and then wow the pants off PSA, then you should have a shot I would think.

Well everyone, I went to the orthopaedic surgeon today for a professional opinion and he said he would put in writing that although there is a minor bone irregularity where it has healed, he considers the injury as 'Fully Healed' and 'Unlikely to cause any limitations'. Not getting my hopes up just yet but *just maybe* I might receive a class 2 medical?

I've decided to go by the book and nominate it on my medical history questionnaire because that is the right thing to do.

Have my pilot aptitude test on Monday, have been getting stuck into a lot of maths and instruments. Anybody got any friendly final tips for me?

Hopefully I can gain a high band bass which will help overshadow the previous shoulder injury? Anyways I will let you all know how I go next week.

Word of advice to people thinking of joining the Defence Force - if you skateboard - stop!