PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Vic Aero Club introducing mandatory 90 day checks
Old 9th Apr 2010, 03:49
eocvictim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you dont like it, hire from Blue Demon, if you dont meet the requirements you probably need the 90 day checks.

When I was starting out as an instructor many years ago, the first paid flights I did were check flights. It was funny, those who didn't complain and realised it was for both insurance and their own safety were happy to prove themselves (plus get a practice glide approach etc) were always fine and done in 30 mins. The ones who kicked up a fuss and rejected the idea they needed checking always seemed to struggle to meet the standard.

One pilot, I advised the company owner that he wasn't suitable on the aircraft model. Unfortunately he had a lot of cash and regularly spent it at the school. He pranged the plane a few weeks later

These measures might be a total waste for some people but they save the company from a lot of headaches with others. Look what happens when they dont do 90 day checks. If insurance goes up, your hire rates will go up and imagine the impact THAT will have on your training.