PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF-JStar Japan performance comparison
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2010, 03:26
blueloo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the decision-makers were to listen to (in)accurate anecdotal feedback
If they listened maybe QANTAS (and Onestar) wouldnt be copping the continual negative media.

Where there is smoke there is fire comes to mind.

Whilst I don't disagree that bums on seats is vastly important - both for revenue/yield - if its bums on seats that never return cause they have had an ordinary experience or forced to fly with them - then the long term future maybe bleak - and for most employees (as opposed to short term management pay/remuneration) it is the long term that counts.

As another thread alludes to and I think whether intentionally or not in your post RAD_ALT - the arrogance of QF and the immediate dismissal of any negative publicity is something QF needs to address. To merely say it is anecdotal and therefore not factual is somewhat damning. This is a systemic problem.

How has QF got to this point where everyone else's surveys are wrong? Why is is only the surveys QF (do they sponsor them perhaps?) does well in do they accept as gospell ?

My musings aside - I have another bit of anecdotal evidence to be dismissed. QFs negative publicity comes largely as a result of how its media department is run. The arrogance (there is that word again) displayed by the PR/media department is mind boggling. The natural reaction from the press when they deal with them is quite simply "we will only publish negative stories".