PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Single Engine Acft Prang - Brooker Hwy Hobart
Old 9th Apr 2010, 01:47
baron_beeza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a trainee pilot with the Australian Airforce was practising aerobatics when the engine stalled
he should have started the plane engine up again and landed at a designated airstrip instead of doing childish tricks
Given the newspaper reports, - and Christian and others obviously believe them implicitly..... why wouldn't you just restart.
Although it is a long time since I was learning to drive, I can clearly recall stalling on many, many occasions. It was almost second nature, part of the moving off routine. Mirrors, indicate, stall, restart, etc

Surely trainee pilots experience the same thing, how you possibly forget such an instinctive reaction ?

Has anyone ever mentioned that we should be holding newspapers accountable for their reporting....... !! ?

Irresponsible 'published facts' just get the other clowns in society wound up.

As an aside, I have attended many accidents in my professional role.
Oh yes, the pilot's version of the events is definitely not worth reporting.
hmmmmm. eyebrows raised, sideways glances by all present generally..

If the Police are well out of their depth with any factual knowledge then the reporter may just as well just make it up.
Deadlines are deadlines, and headlines....!!

I have the NT News as my local paper.
You needn't ask if I would actually buy it !
I still don't understand what the youngster was doing, - aerobatics with a crocodile in the back seat.... and with a cyclone warning in force.

Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania

Last edited by baron_beeza; 9th Apr 2010 at 02:30.