PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wrongly accused 9/11 case pilot can claim damages
Old 9th Apr 2010, 00:10
paidworker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To a degree its a mute point what his chances of employment are now , if you assume he was determined from just before his arrest onwards to get a job he may well have done so . That chance he may have had is gone now and for that he needs to be compensated. The BA Captain of Heathrow fame also casts a very low probability that even with a letter saying hes not a terrorist he will get a job I mean think of the interview... " Um i was locked up for months and finally after 8 years i managed to get them to admit i wasnt a terrorist " ... only in Utopia would an airline touch such an application..

However to the poster suggesting he " get a grip ".. think about it a moment .. It is not the case that he was found "not guilty" ( charges were dismissed ) but appears quite likely that the twats in charge of his case at the CPS knew they may be on dodge ground and covered it up and kept him in Jail. IF that is the case and just for that alone ( imagine you were in his shoes ) he is entitled to compensation. Officials got it very wrong ( CPS / Home office ) and destroyed the mans life it appears.. knee surgery indeed..