PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in South Africa
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2002, 09:19
RotorHorn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GoAround7 - thanks for the post - especially since its one of only a few actually 'on' topic

But I'm not complaining guys - honest - you're just making me impatient to get over there!!
( Always happy to hold a map if you're stuck for some company on one of these jaunts )

I'm toying with the idea of a jet conversion whilst I'm over - EC120/130 maybe? Not that there's many of them in the UK that I know of. Perhaps I'd be better sticking with the 206...?

p.s. Looks like my Durban trip will be in January.

Trying to plan a few cross country's for whilst I'm there. Day trips and even a couple of overnighters. How far is Cape Town, Jo'Burg or even Sun City from Durban flight time wise? Any suggestions as to a destination greatly appreciated. (Although it sounds like I've just missed the boat for the best x-country!!)

For info - the lovely Racheal at Chopper Flying Services has quoted me R1, 790 (ex vat) for the R22 (about £115+VAT) and R2,884 (ex vat) per hour for the R44 (about £190+VAT) - dual or sfh.

Bert - I'm dead jealous. Wish I could just drop everything and head for the sun. You must really miss that beer at Rotor Arms - a lot!

Last edited by RotorHorn; 16th Jul 2002 at 09:25.