PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near midair over SFO
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2010, 18:02
n5296s

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I would far rather wait 15 secs or stay 500 feet lower than have an RA with the subsequent stress and paperwork.
I think most GA pilots in the Bay Area would agree with me that being allowed to fly through the heart of the SFO Class B is something that comes with limitations and (maybe not everyone would agree with this) is quite a privilege. If I was asked to make a 360 or two to make room for a heavy on 28, that would be fine by me. I've never had that, but I've often been sent over midfield or out over the bay to get out of the way of the airline traffic. And that's fine.

Someone commented earlier in the thread that "it should be class A". In the US class A stops at FL180, and no VFR traffic is allowed there at all - unlike for example the EGLL class A to-the-ground where SVFR is allowed (and even has its own dedicated frequency). But class B is essentially the same thing as class A in that everyone is under positive ATC control. The best way to get refused entry to the SFO class B is to sound like you won't be able to do that.

n5296s