PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 8th Apr 2010, 13:01
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon,

I would like to express my gratitude for both WWW and Airbus girl to participate on this thread; it is a great honour to have you both share your views on the matter of BALPA. However I could not agree more than share the views of WWW, where the underlining matter is the wannabes who are taking up this route of destruction. Never the less after taking some time to think on this matter, I thought it would be great to call BALPA.

I have this morning called BALPA and congratulated them on this matter, I have also joined and expressed my concerns and offered to help in any way possible to win this cause. I do not think it is enough for us to sit in the comforts of our homes and accept that this problem exits but do nothing to help the cause.

I have scheduled a meeting with BALPA and will pay them a visit and try and shine any light I can through the articles I have been asked to write. However even though my views are much in line with WWW and Airbus girl, I do think that we could go one step further. I do understand that it is the wannabes who are destroying this industry, however if our experienced pilots could speak to their chiefs in charge and point out this cause with all its implications it may deter them from hiring them in the further. It’s just some food for thought.

I am not part of any organisation; however I do stand up for what I strongly believe in. And this is a matter that I do strongly believe in. If any of you think that I may be able to help in anyway, then I do have the time and passion and would be grateful if you PM me.

To Wannabes like me,

Please remember this is our industry, and at the moment it is on its knees. Please don’t help to bring it down further. We must take care of our future and the future of the industry, paving a path where we can stand proud and know that we helped the cause for pilots to come. It is our responsibility as well as others, and I understand that we cannot get jobs at the moment but paying to fly is not the answer to our problems.

Kash360.