PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tyre pressures are crucial
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2010, 12:31
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 144 Likes on 103 Posts
I don't know anything about the FAA regs or indeed the Bizjet world, but there is one tiny point that sort of hits you in the face here.

What, precisely, was the aircraft doing for the 3 weeks prior to the accident?

Was it flogging around the USA?......or was it sitting on a ramp somewhere?...either way, when did it last see the attention of an engineer during this period and to what depth of routine servicing was it exposed?

How long in the FAA world can an aircraft be operated ( ok in this case it's a Bizjet so the operation will be different I assume from a scheduled carrier ) before it becomes mandatory for an engineer to perform a service check of any depth on the aircraft eg a daily/ night stop.

To say however that the industry is not aware of tyre px maintenance problems would see therefore to be bolleaux given that certainly from my experience tyres are invariably checked per se

I would guess those figures in the report are extrapollated from the manufacturers examination of the carcass and thus are based on a 2% loss from what would appear to be the last time the px were checked and recorded....which brings us back to my queries above.