PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near midair over SFO
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2010, 01:51
Robert Campbell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aren't Lists Wonderful

Aviator

Someone posts a story that they heard. Then the news stories get posted. Then we all jump in based on what has been posted before.

Now that I think about it, why was the female voice doing the communicating if she was the PF? But, then again, when I was PF and I had the FO attending to something else, I found that I was able to fly and communicate. Amazing!

As I said a few posts ago, it's a non issue. The SFO controller I talked to said all was well and that it's still possible to get a 101 VFR clearance depending on traffic and time of day.

P.S. I really like the blanket endorsement of UAL Crews. I know two guys who retired from the right seat. Both were hired from the right seat of US Air Force B-52s. And both have ground looped some really pretty antiques
and had the money to send them out to be fixed. One of these guys pranged his Staggerwing again within a month. He's got right rudder down, now we just need to work on left rudder.

I think that the abilities of the individual should be judged; not the fact the he or she flies for a certain airline.

As for the Bufano, I was thinking about the one on I-280. I vaguely remember the one at SFO, however I was usually entering by different gates for Butler or Tigers.