PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2010, 01:34
Joshilini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am also half way through reading Pete and Maria's book. I would like to point out that it has been an excellent read so far and is very difficult to put down!

The way that Pete and Maria were handled by BA is beyond ridiculous. I couldn't believe BA's approach to this entire incident. I was gobsmacked. I wasn't entirely surprised by the actions of this country's press.

However Pete, I do want to ask you/Maria a question. Do you regret reading the tabloids after this incident? I think, in hindsight, that reading the tabloids was probably not the best of ideas because tabloids tend to make somebody look like a hero one moment and then a villain the next, without any concrete facts.

The rumours which circulated on the other hand could not have helped your recovery process. In fact, if I was you and was told that cabin crews were being told by trainers that I had froze at the controls, I would have confronted the trainers personally and put them straight.

Anyway, good luck with finding a job. I will read the rest of the book within a few days and then post a review on Amazon!

P.S: Oh, I found it extraordinary that John posed for the tabloids with his family and BA advised you not to.