PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safi Airways, Kabul
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2010, 22:39
bonernow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A v good friend of mine from a few years back works for this airline. I heard the story of what happened in the hotel in Kabul on 26th Feb (not from him I must add). I didn't believe the story so I did a google. And the images on you tube etc are quite disturbing.

So I called my friend, asked how he was etc and met up with him. He showed me some photos and gave me the entire story from his perspective. I really couldn't believe what I heard. I really hope all those caught up in this attack recover from their physical wounds and mental trauma.

My friend was quite philisophical about the whole thing. Over 20 people killed and 50 injured. Air crew running for their lives when suicide bombers are exploding inside the hotel, police/army in a gun battle outside the hotel. People receiving emergency medical treatment etc. And he was calm about that!!!

I still work for a hated Irishman. But this story put's my job into some perspective. I really hope that those that want out of this job find something.