PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bala Murali's FTO questions (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2010, 22:02
I8UU8ME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sailing in the same boat ! best of luck

hey bala im from mumbai tooo , indian .

ref to ur sister being a green card holder most schemes for US green card holders are for their own self education/development ! soooooo unless shes taking up a product like a personal loan for education actually stating needs for ur education not sure if she will be offered a lower APR/Interst !! however Most companies in US offer easy credit card options tht she could apply and give u a add onn card for payment to ur school via it !! ( a friend did it this way !! ) could be done online if an option or once you are actually down to the school but you will end up paying 6-7 % extra everytime plus loose out on exchange rate values but tht seems the quickest bet to get ur cash flow sorted besides she would have 60 days to pay it off !! in installments of 2.5 % of total value of charge made to ur add onn card every month!

cathay pacific are not big on hiring indian national as cadet pilots its for a fact ! my dad is a senior GULF AIR PILOT on the 330 n trust me its not worth sitting and applying for endless hours on the cx SITE .

you would be better off to apply for singapore as they are really big on accepting indian candidates !

we seem to sail in the same boat ! im looking at options between

Jerez FTE as they have excellent pacakage and post course support and tie ups with international airlines to assist indian nationals with a job ( ref 12 indian pilot frnds )

oxford quite upscale as we all know it but a great record in asisting students with a lot of airlines !

ctc i read on this site and ctc website they have a great package and post course asisstance so its equally promising

as u se all my 3 options are jaa schools , i think personally i feel jaa student pass outs in india in the current scenerio gives us time to get a really good licence compared to FAA ( I MIGHT BE PISSING A LOT OF PPL BY SAYING THIS BUT WHEN IN ROME ROMANS KNOW BEST ! , IN INDIA I TRULY CAN VOUCH JAA IS PREFERRED OVER A FAA AS WE HAVE TONS AND TONS OF FAA FRESH CPL HOLDERS SO JAA FRESH GUYS ALWAYS STAND OUT COS ITS A MUCH DETAILED COURSE with a far better recognition BESIDES YOU KNOW HOW INDIANS WORK " MORE THEORETICAL KNOWLEDGE .... IS BEST ATTITUDE ! Sooo i guess u get my pt here ) and u are investing in a more time on a jaa to a faa and seriously its a better idea looking at the market in india so i personally think u do a licence for once so do a good one no matter if its a lil more expensive !

besides looking at the prospects of getting a job once ur done ! ahhhhh i think jaa is still better offfff in any case if ur looking to work in india u will have to convert ur licence to a dgca india and than think abt any type rating if u think ur getting a job anywhere in india .... soo think prudentially into the future !!!

airlines in india are picking up again ! n look around u ! wht do u think u want to hear ?

an airline in asia pacific region actually told a frnd who did his faa cpl tht we dont accept faa licence holders as expats toooo .... go get urself a jaa atpl

my comments here might attract a lot of negative comments ha ah but hey u know we live here so we know best whts happening !!!

hey could u brief me more about ctc any info u think is essential from an indian students point of view?