PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - List Of Medicines Necessitating Suspension Or Cancellation Of Medical
Old 7th Apr 2010, 21:45
gingernut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An old adage in medical and nursing spheres is never say never, and never say always.

I doubt such a list exists, as it would lack both sensitivity and specificity. As the poster above states, one drug may be ok for one person, but a disaster for another.

Having said that, there is some devil in the detail- some years ago, I wanted to initiate some treatment on one of my patients who had a cardiovascular condition, before I signed the script, he presented me with a rough photocopy of what was, (and wasn't) allowed by the CAA (he was a PPL)-it was quite specific, see the debate pn ssri's on this forum for example.

I should imagine that the authorities would be more interested in the underlying condition, and the control of it, rather than the medicine itself (in most cases).

I seem to remember from one of my AFE books that it was deemed sensible to discuss any change of meds with your AME (which sounds reasonable, most are there to keep you in the air after all)- he may also give you some quite good advice.