PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your take-home pay at the end of the month?
Old 7th Apr 2010, 20:04
macdo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Time T and Lovezzin, only a few points,
1. Please read a post properly before replying. My post makes no comparison between the qualities of pilots versus doctors, my only comment was on pay differentials and quality of life.. Doctors and their Union have done themselves proud and pilots have not.
But since you have been a bit critical of us, I would add the following comment about your profession.
2, here in the UK the barrier to entering the medical profession has been considerably lowered over the last few years. So perhaps no-one is as smart as they'd like to think they are! If we were in 1979 I would agree with you.
3. I have not met a Cadet who does not have a degree of some type. So if you add the 3 yrs for the degree and the 2 years to get into the right seat of a jet. (and that assumes that you make it first time into jets!) that adds up to 5 years.
4."Becoming a pilot requires a huge amount of dilligence, application, self discipline and intelligence." Get it wrong, you die along with the 300 pax. Doctors just kill the patients one by one.
5. TT, personal pops about grammer are totally boring and by the way, can you read a doctors prescription!!?
Now really boys, just chill, if you re-read my posts I was supporting doctors not running anyone down.

Last edited by macdo; 7th Apr 2010 at 20:16.